Location & Attractions
Experience Our Hotel in Downtown Seattle - The Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue
Located in downtown Seattle, Washington, between Pike and Union Streets, The Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue is in the center of the city's energy and culture. Our Seattle, WA hotel is surrounded by the city's finest restaurants, shopping, entertainment venues, museums and attractions. With Seattle-Tacoma International Airport conveniently located 15 miles south of our hotel in Seattle near the Space Needle, The Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue is a convenient Seattle accommodation option. Whether visiting Seattle for business or pleasure, our downtown location puts you on the pulse of the city!
Downtown Seattle Hotel - The Sights & Sounds of Seattle
The Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue is steps away from the most exciting attractions and sights in downtown Seattle - Pike Place Market (with the first Starbucks coffee house), Pioneer Square, Space Needle, Experience Music Project (EMP), Seattle Art Museum, Benaroya Hall, Seattle Aquarium, and the Historic Seattle Waterfront. Just beyond our hotel in downtown Seattle, you can hop on the monorail to the Seattle Center and Pacific Science Center. For convention attendees, the Washington State Convention and Trade Center is just two blocks away.
Downtown Seattle Lodging - Heart of Seattle Culture
The Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue is walking distance to Seattle's top cultural attractions and shopping destinations. See a Broadway musical at the ornate 5th Avenue Theatre and the classic Paramount Theatre. Experience the Seattle Symphony and Seattle Opera at McCaw Hall. Enjoy world-class entertainment, live music, exciting shows, and delicious Asian cuisine in the cool urban atmosphere of The Triple Door. Indulge in shopping galore along Fifth Avenue and at Pacific Place, City Centre, Westlake Shopping Center, Macy's Northwest and Nordstrom's flagship store.
Seattle Hotel Home Field
Our convenient downtown Seattle hotel is moments away from CenturyLink Field, home of the Seattle Seahawks, Safeco Field, home of the Seattle Mariners, and Key Arena, home of the Seattle Storm. Our Seattle hotel also happens to be just 1 mile away from Seattle University and 6 miles from the University of Washington/Husky Stadium and Seattle Pacific University.
- Seattle University - 1 mile
- Seattle Pacific University - 2.5 miles
- University of Washington - 6 miles
- Hedges Cellars - 17 miles
- Columbia Winery - 18 miles
- Chateau Ste. Michelle - 18 miles
Seattle Area Ski Resorts
- Summit at Snoqualmie Pass - 45 miles
- Crystal Mountain - 76 miles
- Mt. Baker Ski Resort - 145 miles
- Seattle Monorail - 0.3 miles
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport - 15 miles
Directions To Our Seattle Hotel
- From Seattle Tacoma (Sea-Tac) International Airport - Follow the signs "To Freeways." Travel northbound on I-5 to downtown Seattle. Take Seneca Street Exit. Turn right on 4th Avenue. Take the first right onto Pike Street. Turn right on 5th Avenue. Our hotel is a one-half block on the right.
- From I-90 West - From I-90 West take the I-5 North exit. From I-5 North take the Madison Street exit and stay in the left hand lane. Take a left onto Madison Street. Go two blocks West on Madison Street and turn right onto 4th Avenue. Go 5 blocks North on 4th Avenue then turn right onto Pike Street. From Pike Street make the next right onto 5th Avenue and the hotel garage and main entrance is on the right hand side of street.
- From I-5 South - From I-5 North take the Union Street exit. Turn right onto 4th Avenue and 1 block then turn right onto Pike Street. Once on Pike Street go one block and turn right onto 5th Avenue. The hotel garage and main entrance is on the right hand side of street.
Public Transportation to Hotel
- Town Car Services - Town car services can be arranged through the hotel.
- Light Rail - $2.75 for 35 minute ride, drops off 2 1/2 blocks from Red Lion at Westlake Center. For more information see http://www.soundtransit.org/.
- Taxi - $30 - $50 one way depending on driver and traffic.
- Downtown Airporter Shuttle - Picks up on the third floor of parking garage at the airport, drops off 1 block away at the Sheraton Hotel. For more information call 855-566-3300.
- Shuttle Express - Must make reservations prior to arrival. Between $27 - $50 depending on the number of people. For more information call 425-981-7000 or click to book online.